What we believe
We want people to experience the joy of knowing God and being in right relationship with Him by trusting in Jesus Christ as our rescuer from sin and living under Jesus as God’s King over our life (see the “Explore” tab for more information about how you can enjoy this relationship with God through Jesus).
As part of the movement of Churches of Christ in Australia, we also seek to practice the following principles summarised by our founding fathers:
- “Christ is the head of the church”
- “The Bible is our final authority”
- “Where the Scriptures speak we speak; where the Scriptures are silent we are silent”
- “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love”
- “We are not the only Christians; we are Christians only”
- “Mutual ministry by all members of the congregation”
- “Observe the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper”
To make and grow committed followers of Christ Jesus.
- Grounded in God’s Word
- Focused on Christ
- Loving God and people
…. for the glory of God.
We are committed to:
- Word-based ministry that is focused on the gospel concerning Jesus Christ;
- Grow in our love for God and one another
in order that we may:
- Grow people to a mature faith in the Lord Jesus so that they joyfully live for Him, tell others about Him and increasingly become like Him;
- Reach others by promoting and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the power to save all who believe;
- Be God’s family together by ministering to people of all ages;
- Prayerfully depend on the Holy Spirit to accomplish His work in our lives and His world; and
- Bring glory to God in all that we do.
Our Pastors & Elders
The spiritual direction of our church family is overseen by the Pastors and the Elders, under Jesus Christ as our King. The day-to-day functions of the church family are overseen and served by a Board consisting of the Pastors, Elders and Deacons.
Elders: Alex Murray & Paul Fricker
Ministers: Cohen Watson (Senior), Mike Fischer (Associate) & David Driver (Student)
Deacons: Les McDonnell, Roger Kingdon, Karin Hanicke, Paul Turner, Amanda Curby, Shane Thorne & Tim Pearce
Administrator: Elsie Earley